Monday, February 15, 2010

Flirtations

This has been a strange last few days. Thursday I saw Mr. S (the one with the awesome smile) and asked him how I can make him smile more often. He said 'nothing' and that by the time he makes it to class he's exhausted. The glance back blue eyed boy has still been glancing back but hasn't said anything to me since I asked him to dinner after class not this past Thursday, but the one before. I found him on Facebook today and despite his self proclamation of being straight laced (which I wasn't too keen on), I liked what I saw...

I had a girlfriend come to church with me Sunday and we went to lunch afterward. We talked about the boys and she said that she thinks Mr. S is quite possibly gay. Hmm...hadn't thought that but it is indeed possible. She has said that she will find out and that I shouldn't do anything until we know. Agreed. Then we got to talking about another boy in class...they work together and I'm attracted to him. But I recognize that I'm attracted to him because I want to fix him. He puts off this air of being fun but very superficial. He doesn't allow others in. I asked her to keep me accountable in NOT falling for him but in keeping a rational mind.

Another friend of mine told her best guy friend that the two of us should get married. He's a 32 year old divorced father of two boys. Now granted, he's attractive. He had asked her a few months ago if she thought I'd go out with him if he asked. I said no because 1)they're good friends and I'm one of her best friends 2) I'm looking for my husband and he's just looking to date and 3) he's fake -- I'd never seen anything real from him in the time we'd been hanging out. Then we went to see him & one of his sons at Chick-Fil-A and it completely threw me for a loop. He was real and he was loving. For the first time I saw a part of him that was true. And for a while, I entertained the idea of liking him. But in the end, what it comes down to is that he's not my type and...I'm right, he's not looking for a relationship.

Perhaps I'll have more after class tomorrow night. The three boys are all in that class...let's see where this goes.

With love,
Sofi

1 comment:

  1. well, if "S" is gay that definitely won't work....hmmm...and divorced guys w/kids...there can be a lot of baggage there that we may not want to touch w/a ten foot pole. interested to see what happens next...

    ReplyDelete