Monday, August 9, 2010

To Dream

I finally got around to seeing Inception tonight and it was incredible. I left feeling that my entire life perspective had been altered. I know that feeling...to have a dream within a dream within a dream...to be in that state & realize that you were just dreaming, only to realize that what you think is true and right and real, is still off somehow and then to discover that you're in yet another dream.

It got me thinking though...how much of our lives are spent like this? How much time do we spend living in a dream, not connected with reality? What happens when we lose our grip on that last shred of truth? Does our world go dark? Or do we just begin to repeat our dreams over and over again? How does this alter my view on mental health patients? What it is they deal with on a daily basis in the strong hold of their delusions and hallucinations?

And what implications does this have for the Christian life? What if our time here on earth is but a moment dreamed? And when we die here, we wake up to the truth, to the reality that is Christ? How would that change the way we live our lives here in this dream that we call life on earth? How does that play into the shared dreams we have with others?

Our lives are not impacted only be ourselves but by those we come in contact with...whether that be someone you glance at as you drive down the road or your dearest friend & spouse. How do their dreams affect ours and vice versa? Well I haven't the slightest.

But it certainly gives me something to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment