Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Real Relationship

I currently find myself sitting in a coffee shop at the University I am attending. As I listen to Poor Rich Folk's I Do I look around & find myself observing those around me. I see cross necklaces & Bibles & lots of Macs as students study.

And I'm struck with the thought, 'How many of them really have a relationship with Christ?' Is He real to them...more than an idea & a way to a happy, pretty, nice, afterlife if such a thing exists?

Don't get me wrong, I question because I believe. And I am constantly striving to have a very real relationship with Him. I want that for others. I want them to know that He is real, to experience that. No, I don't think about Him all the time, not do I talk to Him all the time. I'm not perfect.

Then I think about what I am doing to help others see how real He is. Well, it's not much. I don't step out or speak up often. And I certainly don't speak of Christ to those I don't already know. Here recently I've found myself more & more often leaning into Christ during my conversations though.

When the opportunity to share how He has impacted my life, that's where I typically go. When I can share how He has appeared in the lives of my friends, I go there. When I can relate to an experience or a situation that someone is it & I have either had Christ there in my life personally or seen Him in the lives of those I know, I tell the person I'm speaking to about it. I want them to know. I want them to feel His love & see His works in my life & in the lives of my friends if it can help me relate.



What are you searching for?

No comments:

Post a Comment