Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Vents Blow Hot Air

I don't quite know where to begin...

Perhaps I'm too sensitive.

I just saw a Facebook update that says a guy that I was dating (a couple months ago) is now in a relationship...and for some reason that stung. I knew that we had no potential, no future, and that's why we stopped dating. But still, my heart hurts just a little bit.

I am starting discipleship/accountability with a friend. We met for the first time last week and after telling her why I was wanting to start this process with her, she challenged me to take some time to not date. Instead, just refocus my life and spend time alone and with God. I've taken on this challenge and committed myself to at least 7-8 weeks...perhaps more. But still, seeing this guy's Facebook update hurt.

I've been feeling this week like I am being prepared for something. The thing is, I have no idea what that something is. I feel like I need to escape the everyday and find space in the wide open outdoors where I can lay out on the grass and read, and write, and sleep, and dream. Walden-esque anyone?

1 comment:

  1. i understand that feeling--it is hard to see someone who you poured yourself into "replace" you...even it that's not really what it is. i'm so proud of you for starting discipleship/accountability! it is a hard thing to find outside of the structure of college, but oh-so-necessary, and i think taking time to just be on your own and finding yourself in the Lord will be very helpful. feel free to come to my home to escape if you need! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete