Friday, April 30, 2010

I will go with you to the ends of the earth
To the ends of the earth I will follow you

I will walk with you wherever you go
Lead me and there I will be

I find it strange to think this about someone I know so little about. But there is a peace within me that I have not known before. He said to me, "When the time is right, I will pursue you" and in that moment, my heart was still.

I am reminded of Ruth's dedication to Naomi and I feel similarly toward this man. "Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." Ruth 1:16 & 17, NIV. I feel that the Lord is leading me to follow. And though it sounds strange as I read it, I feel that there is a strong truth to this. I will be his wife and we each will walk in the path of the Lord. For I feel that the Lord is calling us to the same place.

Father, let my heart not be deceived but choose rather, when the time is right, for it to be given to my husband. Until that time, keep it wrapped firmly in Your embrace. May my heart be his heart and may our hearts be Yours.

I realize how drastic this sounds. And perhaps it's not the man I have in mind, but only God knows that...

God Gave Me You
~Dave Barnes

1 comment:

  1. wow--you must update me on this! even if it is not about the man you think, i pray this along with you. love you!

    ReplyDelete