Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Family and Love

I love my family. They are an incredible group of people who are very interesting, each in his or her unique way. This week I've been in Wyoming with some of them. We started in Yellowstone and arrived in Jackson Hole about an hour and a half ago. The thing is, while I love them dearly, they're beginning to wear on me...in a big way.

Now I know I'm not alone in this. I met one of my friends on his way home for a holiday and he was telling me how three days with them was more than enough for a while. At the time I wondered, 'Hmm...how would I handle that?' Now I understand. After four full days of close family interaction...over 13 hours of travel Saturday, confined in a car in Yellowstone off and on from Sunday to today...yes, I understand.

And I think we're all feeling a little like this. We're ready for some time apart and a little more freedom. We've had to make plans as a group for the last three days. We only had two cars for eight of us and come on, let's face it, it's Yellowstone. You want to be out and seeing the park! But we were a little limited in where and when we could go places... Here's to hoping Jackson will provide us with that freedom from one another and time apart for a bit so we can recharge for more time with each other on this trip.

On another note, I've been reading a book called He Loves Me by Wayne Jacobsen. A friend recommended it to me. It's all about learning to live in the Father's love for me. God has been moving me as I read this book. Some parts I fly through and am deeply touched by while others I struggle to read the next line as it shakes me to the core so much with its truth. God is incredible. He wants so much to have a real relationship with us and we so often push Him away. I could probably speculate for the rest of the night as to why this is, but I'll leave you to your own musings. Anyway...I think I'm three chapters in and I would recommend this to anyone! I love this book already and I feel like it will be something I turn back to time and time again. So thank you Lord, for leading me to MusicR so that he could introduce me to Wayne and his book, which just turned me back to you again. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. ah yes, the family vacation...eep!

    That books sounds really good-I recently finished Abba's Child by Brennan Manning that also deals with a lot of this and I think you would enjoy it.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete