Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Honeysuckle & Lavender

You know the way the night air smells? Have you ever tasted the honeysuckles or been consumed by the calm of lavender after a rain? I love it. And this past week, there's been so much of it surrounding me.

As I drive home at night, windows down, a cool chill in the air, the honeysuckles drift in and settle on my tongue. And then, once I've arrived home, I'm greeted by the relaxing scent of lavender -- that cool calm you breathe in.

So after the days of discontent and feelings of inadequacy and worthlessness, these remind me that I am loved. Me, an imperfect person, loved...by a perfect Savior. He wraps His arms around me in these moments, even in my tears, my screams, my frustrations. I know that He has given me this as just one way to say, "I love you and I will not leave you." For that is my greatest fear, and He knows that well.

1 comment:

  1. interesting blog
    Twilight

    esperadoanochecer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete